8.3.12

My Everyday Make Up

Hey guys. Something a bit different today. As you may know I'm a qualified make up artist and work on lots of brides every year and I'm also a make up obsessive and buy too much of the stuff as I'm sure alot of you guys do too! So today I'm gonna do a make up post instead of fashion!

What make up do I wear every day?


**

Eyes
Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Endless Chocolate.
This eyeshadow is my go to everyday as it's such an amazing colour. I love really dark brown smokey eyes. I used to wear grey everyday until I found this shade from Loreal. It really compliments my green eyes as well. I tend to wear just one shade unless I'm going somewhere special and then I'll blend some black into the outer corner.

Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara.
I've been using this mascara for ages and I've always gone and got another cheaper one and never been happy. I need to realise that this really is worth £12 and stop buying replacement not as good mascaras.

MAC Smoulder Eyeliner.
The best eyeliner by far but so damn expensive. MAC has really gone up in price and I decided not to renew my MAC Pro card cos I didn't need anything for my kit so I can't get my 35% discount anymore! I love this smudged on the top and bottom of my eyes.

Face
Dainty Doll Liquid Foundation
I got this for Christmas after years of trying to find a decent foundation that doesn't make me look orange. I'm very pale and every foundation I've ever tried has been too dark for my skin. This is perfect and I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not great coverage so I'm gonna end up using it up pretty quickly. A 30ml foundation usually lasts me over a year but I don't think this one will. It's a lovely texture and gives a gorgeous flow to the skin.

Sleek Luminous Pressed Powder
This is great for taking shine down but still leaving a glow as it has tiny bits a fine glitter in it. Obviously it doesn't leave you with a glittery face or anything but just a nice natural looking glow.

Bourjous Little Round Pot Blusher in Rose Coup D'Foudre & Rose D'or
Rose Coup D'Foudre is a lovely pretty peachy shade with gold shimmer and suits my skin tone perfectly. The gold shimmer gives a nice glow to the cheeks. I also use Rose D'or which is a pink and gold shade.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle.
I can't express my love for this product enough, it is stunning! I use this to highlight under my brow and on my cheek bones. This is great day and night and I like to use this for the 'no make up' make up for a nice shimmer when I'm not wearing much on my eyes.

Lips
17 Supreme Shine Lipstick in Barely Blush
I own tons of lipsticks but this is the one I'm using the most at the moment. It's a good dupe for MAC's Hot Gossip but less shimmery and more moisturising.

Brows
I tend to run some dark brown eyeshadow through my brows with an angled brush. At the moment I'm using the matts from the Sleek Storm palette.

**The Photobooth pics don't show the true colours :(

4 comments:

  1. I like your blog very much! Maybe we could follow each other? :) xx, Tina
    http://tinasfemmefatale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post.. I'd love to know what I;m doing make up wise.lol I just whack it on and off we go.. plain and simple. If I try anything new, smoky eyes etc, I look like I've been punched, so I just stick to what I know.lol
    I tried so hard to get hold of the dainty doll, as I have a pale complexion too and suffer from being tango'd and the tide line around my jaw line.. but I turned to Estee Lauder, Double Wear Light.. I love it.
    Caroline.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great ! :) I have very plain eye makeup myself, only kitten layer and sometimes forgot to put mascara :D


    Satu
    - Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love your eye makeup! Im forever trying to get a browny smoky eye but just look like I've been punched in the face by a clown

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments on my blog. I try to reply to all comments on here and will check out your blogs too when possible.

xoxox