27.5.11

Whats in my make up bag?

As a make up artist I get asked a lot what make up I use. So in this post I'll tell you the make up that I use most on an everyday basis!

Face

Primer I'm currently using Illamasqua Matte Primer (on offer at the moment with 30% off on the website) which works really well. I also love MAC Prep & Prime.

Foundation I must say I don't get on well with foundation, I'm too pale for alot of them and most of them make my face oily. At the moment I mix MAC Mineralize Satinfinish & MAC Studio Fix together to get the foundation I want.

Blusher I really love Bourjois blusher as they have a gorgeous golden shimmer in them and are very well pigmented. I swap between 34 Rose D'or (pink) & 16 Rose Coupe De Foundre (peach) depending on what lipstick colour I'm wearing.

Concealer My faves are MAC Studio Finish and Bourjois Healthy Mix. Both good coverage and come in pale colours.

Powder I use MAC Prep & Prime set powder (which I steal from my kit cos I love it so much) but I also have the ELF version which is good too. In my bag I carry around Bourjois compact powder for touch ups.


Eyes


Primer Urban Decay Primer Potion is the only eye primer you'll ever need. It makes my eyeshadow stay on forever! And remember once you think the product has gone, cut the tube open, there's another 2 years worth of primer hidden on there!

Eyeshadow I'm a big fan of smokey eyes, day or night. My fave eyeshadow palette is the Sleek Graphite palette which was unfortunately a limited edition. It is packed with beautiful shades of grey, black and purple, perfect! I use it most days. I also love a deep chocolate brown eye which I've only just discovered suits me! I also would highly recommend Famous by Sue Moxley (available in Superdrug) for affordable, good quality eyeshadow. They stay put pretty well even without a primer.

Eyeliner Clinique gel liner is the best on the market. It is very black, applies smoothly and stays put all day, it literally does not budge. It doesn't dry out either and lasts a long time. For eye pencil my fave is MAC Smoulder or Avon Supershock.

Mascara MaxFactor False Lash Effect is my all time fave. It is fantastic and I would buy it again and again. A little pricey but worth it esp if you get it on offer!

Brows I'm currently using a Barbara Daly brow pencil (available in Tesco). I also sometimes use dark brown eyeshadow on an angled brush.


Lips


Lipbalm Carmex cherry all the way. I love how it tingles on my lips. A bargain at £2.50. I think I last bought a pot of this last year so it lasts a long time!

Lipstick I'm a sucker for MAC lippys, although they are drying, I just can't resist the colours. My faves shades are Costa Chic (bright orangey coral), Chatterbox (pinky coral), Impassioned (bright pink-orange) & Hot Gossip (mid toned pink & a fave with my bridal clients).


As you can see I use a mixture of high-end and high street brands. There are alot of affordable but good products on the market. I highly recommend Sleek, Bourjois, Loreal & Famous by Sue Moxley (for eyeshadows at least).

If you have any make up questions feel free to ask away!

What are your fave products?

Heather xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your lovely comments on my blog. I try to reply to all comments on here and will check out your blogs too when possible.

xoxox